LO3: Following codes and conventions

UTOPIA Arts fits into real magazine codes and conventions of the small art business genre and targets audience of middle aged women because:

Front cover

The Photos I will use on my front cover features middle aged women that the reader can relate to and are encouraged to view them as an ideal self to do this I have taken Laura Mulvey's male gaze theory into consideration and subverted the male gaze by dressing my model appropriately. As the model's costume is an apron and hoodie it's relates to art genre and is also relatable to the target audience as hoodies are a mainstream clothing item. I have followed magazine codes and conventions with my main image and secondary image as I have featured a smiling mid shot of my model's on the front cover, used complimentary colours and as my focal point is sharing the eye line with the viewer it engages them to read the magazine. The lighting in my magazine is also a convention in art and small business magazines as warm daylight is relatable, comforting and connotes warmth and calm.


Comments