LO3: Contact sheet and evaluation






In my Front Cover I will be using image number 4 as my main cover image and crop it so that it matches my mock up as a mid shot. I have chosen this image because she looks friendly and relaxed, and the background showcases her pottery shop. By using this model I have targeted my audience of 35-50 year old women  by giving them a relatable ideal self who is in the same age range and gender as them. I am using this image as the model is a small art business owner, I will be interviewing her as she will be the story of the main cover line and entire focus of my double page spread.

In my Contents page I will be using the same image I am using for my front cover it will be in the top left corner in a much smaller scale. 

In the Double Page Spread images 6,7,8,9 and 12 will be used. I will use image number 7&8 by combining the background from 8 with the model from 7 using the magnetic lasso tool on premier photoshop, this will create the main image on the double page spread. Image 9 will be half the size of the main image. Image 12 and 6 will be the same size as they both showcase settings relevant to the article.

Justifying the quality of photos used      

Image 6 will be used because the setting is relevant to the article. Image 12 is appropriate for the magazine because the setting is relevant to the article and reflects UTOPIA Arts recurring theme of nature and connotations of happiness and peace. I will be using image 9 as its aesthetically features tools and plants lit by the sunlight connoting a calming atmosphere and freedom of expression due to the brushes, sponges and other art equipment cluttering the image. Image 8 is being used because it has a better quality background due to the angle it is taken and it showcases a piece of important machinery to the business that links to my interview, image 7 will be used as it has better lighting than image 8 that highlights the model face bringing attention to her happy facial expression.

The images that are unusable include 1&2 as there is a glair on the glass case next to the model that is too distracting as it draws less attention to the model, image 3 as the model doesn't look relaxed enough to give of the right connotations I want the main front cover image to produce, image 5 as the door frame draws to much attention instead of the attention being the business inside as that is meant to be the purpose of the image, and images 11&10 are taken at the wrong angle therefore making them unsuitable.


































































Comments