LO4 Evidence of editing, version controls, review of assets, client and audience feedback: front cover

Front cover

Assets


UTOPIA Arts version 1 










Version 2

In this version of my edit I experimented with the warmer 'sunshine filter' to emphasis the cozy and relaxing eathsteatic of my magazine. However I felt the filter causes the model to blend into the background making it not stand out enough.

However in this version I didn't like the shade of yellow so this was later changed, and due to seeing my masthead enlarged I have decided I want to decrease the size of masthead to look more elegant 














I selected the shade of yellow I am happy with to create the borders.

Finalize the layout version 3
















I added my 'Win' asset that I created with the pen tool using the brush tool 100. I want to change the white background colour to cream so that it looks more interesting.

I neatened up the yellow boarders using the pen and lasso tool to create straighter lines. 

I changed the image size and its position so that the model is the main focus of the front cover but we can still see the pottery in the background. 

I added a white box for secondary image to be placed over top.


I isolated the models hoodie using the magnetic lasso tool and increased saturation of hoodie 







version 4 












I decreased opacity added secondary image added text.

version 5
















I added green text to my cover lines however I feel it clashes too much to the yellow background.

I changed the typography on 'win' and 'patterns' to be more cohesive with my magazine. 

I increased the opacity on main heading as it is the most important story on the front cover.

version 6 





















I made the text larger and changed the dark green text to white as it is easier to read.



I have done a quick digital sketch of graphics I want to add that weren't in my original plan, I've added these graphics because I thought the main story line was to bear and didn't draw attention enough and I felt the magazine overall was lacking in its nature theme so to combat this I will depict vines that will be used as borders.

I added another white graphics in the bottom left corner as it looked to bare.




I re-used asset surrounding circle 1 and rotated it for circle 2.


I re-used asset graphic from the top left of the magazine to draw interest to the main cover story. 

version 7 


I added text in circle 2 


I used google to find a non copywrite barcode website so that I can add a barcode to my magazine without facing copywrite issues.


I added the prince and location above the barcode using the text tool and used the same font: Baskerville old face, in size 10, to keep the magazine looking consistent.

version 8 



version control: version 1 vs version 8 

In version 8 of my magazine's front cover you can see that I kept the yellow borders, main cover image and most of the masthead from version 1 however I changed the leaf graphics on the 'A' as I felt it needed to look cleaner and more sophisticated. And I decreased the sizes and position of the masthead and main cover image. Adding more graphics to my front cover has made it look more interesting and appealing.



Review of assets:


I have continuously used the same brush tool for the leaf pattern to make the front cover cohesive and only changed the size and angle of the leaf as well as added swirls to resemble shoots for texture.  



This vine boarder matches my other leaf graphics as I used the same brush type the swirls I added connote whimsy which relates to my art genre.





Originally I was just going to just use white text for the cover lines, but instead I decided to highlight the cover lines with yellow box's. The yellow box's are bright and eye catching and make the text stand out. The simple shape connotes the clean and minimalist aesthetic I am aiming to produce in my magazine. 

I improvements my original masthead 'A' graphic by using a shaped brush in Photoshop instead of drawing with a preset brush, I changed the branch from a 'y' shape to an 'r' shape as I felt I needed to makes the A look cleaner and more professional. 








Client and audience feedback

UTOPIA Arts Magazine (google.com)            Examples seen bellow: 

Due to this feedback I think I will thicken the font of the text that is on the white background.

Due to this feedback I will keep my magazine as it is and edit minor changes.

Due to this feedback I think It is obvious enough that my target audience is 30+ year old women.

To keep the classic and clean look I am going for I will not add any more graphics.

Due to this feedback I will keep my typography colour scheme the same.

I have also been given verbal feedback to decrease the price of my magazines to compete with competitors and align my cover lines and change the main cover line box from yellow to green to draw attention by creating contrast.


I have taken this feedback into consideration and decrease the price of my magazine and align my cover lines using the grid found in the view tab, I also experimented with a green box on the main cover line but I decided that it didn't feel cohesive with the magazine and it made the cover feel less bright and happy  so I changed it back to my original yellow shade.






































































































Comments